Nutanix has released AOS 5.10 and PC 5.10. Below are the new features and download links.
New Features in AOS 5.10
Adding a Never-Schedulable Node to an AHV Cluster
- You can add a never-schedulable node if you want to add a node to increase data storage on your Nutanix cluster, but do not want any AHV VMs to run on that node. AOS never schedules any VMs on a never-schedulable node, whether at the time of deployment of new VMs, during the migration of VMs from one host to another (in the event of a host failure), or during any other VM operations. Therefore, a never-schedulable node configuration ensures that no additional compute resources such as CPUs are consumed from the Nutanix cluster. In this way, you can meet the compliance and licensing requirements of your virtual applications. For example, if you have added a never-schedulable node and you are paying for licenses of user VMs only on a few sockets on a set of hosts within a cluster, the user VMs never get scheduled on a never-schedulable node and the never-schedulable node functions as a storage-only node, thereby ensuring that you are not in violation of your user VM licensing agreements.
Entity Synchronization Between Paired Availability Zones
- Availability zones synchronize disaster recovery configuration entities when they are paired with each other. Paired availability zones synchronize protection policies, recovery plans, and the categories that you specify in a protection policy or recovery plan.
- Issues such as a loss of network connectivity between paired availability zones or user actions such as unpairing of availability zones followed by re-pairing of those availability zones can affect entity synchronization. In such situations, you might need to force entity synchronization manually by using the Entity Sync option.
New Features in Prism Central (Prism Pro/PC) 5.10
Integrated Search and Navigation
The Prism Central navigation and search interfaces have been redesigned and enhanced.
- The enhanced search features (accessed through a new search field in the main menu) provide context-sensitive and intelligent search capabilities with optimized results and expanded query options. See the “Searching for Information” section in the Prism Central Guide for more information. (The enhanced capabilities require a Prism Pro license.)
- A new customizable entities menu (accessed by clicking the collapse menu button in the main menu) provides quick access to redesigned entity dashboards and configuration screens throughout Prism Central. See the “Entities Menu” section in the Prism Central Guide for more information.
- The audits dashboard allows you to view a list of actions performed across the registered clusters. See the “Audits Summary View” section in the Prism Central Guide for more information.
Expanded VM NIC Configuration
- When creating or modifying a VM, you can now specify whether a NIC should be connected to the network. The connection status is reflected in the NIC information screens.
RBAC Support for Reports
- The Reports feature now includes role-based access control (RBAC) support for create, read, update, and delete (CRUD) operations.
Support for .CSV report format
You can now download a report in .CSV format and can also email a generated report in .CSV format.
AOS 5.10 Download: https://portal.nutanix.com/#/page/releases/nosDetails
PC 5.10 Download: https://portal.nutanix.com/#/page/releases/prismDetails